My daughters’ birthdays are just a few weeks apart so this year we decided to have a double birthday party. Knowing how much they both love the My Little Pony characters and cartoons, it was pretty easy to choose a theme. I loved My Little Pony when I was a girl, too, so I was excited for a chance to revisit one of my childhood favorites.
Our neighborhood has a community pool and the weather was warm enough for us to host a pool party for the girls and their friends. That was the afternoon’s main activity and kept everyone busy but I still wanted to share some of my favorite details and tips from the day.
- Bubble Station – I found this idea on pinterest. This was an awesome activity that needed little to no adult supervision. An empty detergent container makes a perfect bubble solution dispenser. We made the bubble wands ourselves so we could coordinate them with the party’s colors.
- Felt Garland – Did you notice the cute garland in the background? My mom made it for the girls. It usually hangs in their playroom but the colors were perfect for My Little Pony. This is such a quick and simple idea that ends up looking fantastic. Just cut circles (or any other shape) from felt and sew or string them together!
- Candy Wands – I cannot say enough great things about Lisa Frank from Handcrafted Parties. She’s so creative and talented. If you can think of it, she’ll find a way to craft it. Her candy wands are one of my top party favor picks, they’re decor items and treats all in one! They add something extra special when displayed on a tablescape, candy buffet or included with the party favors.
- Custom Sugar Cookies – Suggie’s Cookies made our cookies and she did an amazing job. All I did was show her a picture and she knew exactly what to do. Custom cookies are a detail that really impresses your guests. These cookies were so pretty, they were almost too good to eat. But we did anyway. And they were delicious!
- Cupcake Toppers – I love mini cupcakes for kids! Not too much cake, easy to eat and simple to decorate. All it takes is some sprinkles and a cute topper. Check out etsy and you’ll find tons of cupcake decoration choices to go with any party theme. I ordered these toppers from The Blissful Baker on etsy.
- Easy Decor – When decorating for a child’s party, I have a few go-to tricks: mounting pages from a calendar or book for simple signs, using toys and stuffed animals we already have, themed plastic cups filled with shimmery floral picks and free printables found online. These options are quick to put together and won’t break the bank.
It doesn’t matter what character, movie or TV show your child is into at the moment, all of these ideas can be adapted to your party’s needs. Visit my Pinterest board for more My Little Pony inspiration.
Want to see even more kid parties? Look at these events planned by The Party Buss!
Super Hero Party
Bubbles & Balloons Party